Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Post-Birthday Blogging Challenge: Day 8: 5 Current Goals



5: Move into our new place, and settle in.

My brother, roommate and I have spent a good year together and our lease will be up incredibly soon. February 3rd will come and that is when we need to get out. Aric will be moving 30minutes away and Suzanne and I are hopefully moving downtown. My goal is to get the majority of my stuff packed by the 31st when I'll be getting my wisdom tooth removed. Hopefully if I don't get it done before then, I'll be able to continue to pack by the time we get out. When we get moved in, I hope to finally be able to settle in and enjoy what time we have left. Crossing fingers.



4: Get "Rainbow Slices" illustrated, revised, edited, & published.

It took me 2 years to complete writing this poetry compilation. This 3-part compilation contains 24 poems to break the stigma around self-harm while giving hope for recovery. The imagery and analogies are based on rainbows as a way to remind recovery warriors of God's promise to remain by our side and turn bad to good for the sake of His children. And to remind us that no matter what your background, your life  can become a testimony and can help others with their struggles. It helped me with my recovery so much and I hope it helps others. But my goal now is to draw and illustrate it based on each poem and in the style of is book cover, edit the poems to be grammatically correct and to publish it by the end of the year or so...

Poetry by Ari Persephone Scriptsmith about overcoming self-harm #breakthestigma #breakthrough #christian #colors #colours #cutter #faith #hope #illness #mental #mentaldisorder #mentalhealth #mentalillness #overcoming #plethora #poems #poetry #rainbow #recovery #recoverywarrior #savior #saviour #selfharm #selfharmawareness #slices

3: Get people to join my Christian discord server.

After joining so many church groups and Christian online chatrooms, and being mistreated or having the worst assumed of me, I decided it was high time to build a group that was a sanctuary for those who have mental illness and enjoyed hobbies such a furries. I've finished building it, and creating a safe environment for these people. But for now, I only got 1 person to join and my goal is to get 50 people to join, to get 5 admins, and to keep it active. Ye Ragamuffin & Warrior Tavern has channels for: 1.) Fun 2.) Faith and Political Discussion 3.) Mental Health Ministries 4.) Writers, Artists, and Musicians 5.) Furries 6.) Homeschoolers (COMING SOON)! Please feel free to join! Help me reach my down, 1 person down, 49 more to go!


2: Exercise more often and get back down to 197lbs.

Once I get moved out, I am gonna exercise more, take walks, lift weights, jump rope, play kinect, and eat Gluten Free, low-carb, fresh vegetables, no cane sugar or artificial sweeteners and replace it with agave, stevia and honey. My goal is to get back down to 197lbs and be able to be healthy enough to have my monthly again. My health has been deteriorating quickly and I don't want that anymore.

1: Reach my 2 year mark since I last cut.

Before now, I had reached 1 year and 7 months before relapsing and now that I am 25 days away from 1 and a half year, I'm truly looking forward to hitting my 2nd year! I'm going to spend my time using these 10 main coping skills to get there....

a.) Journaling, drawing, blogging etc.
b.) Be a part of a mentorship program for support groups.
c.) fitness, healthy eating and dance.
d.) essential oils, incense and candles.
e.) Read Scripture and study politics, history, science, psychology, philosophy, foreign languages, and Language Arts.
f.) gamified apps and sites for writing, fitness, mental health, habits etc.
g.) music, whether creating it or listening. Always a main coping skill after all.
h.) fursuiting, cosplaying, and make-up
i.) continue making book covers and commission artwork to sell.
j.) wear comforting clothes like a sweater, hoodie, or arm warmers.





0:  [BONUS GOAL] Finish my resource series on LIGHTforMI

I'm writing a 10-part series that I am calling Resources of Recovery. And as the title suggests, I’m have been gathering resources that have helped me with my recovery or that I think may help others with theirs. In this collection of parts, I have been giving a short summary of whatever I’m covering and why I believe they help. I'm writing part two at the moment which is about shows, movies, and books that either got mental illness right or promotes mental health and illness.




1 comment:

  1. Its astonishing, I'll bookmark your blog and visit it week after week for your new posts.

    https://fearexit.com/

    ReplyDelete

Land of Ansaris: Anthem Rise Academy Schools (Part Two)

S chool Locations The locations of each school/fortress are strategic positions. Moreover their positions are based on the trinity and fel...