Monday, August 13, 2018

Post-Birthday Blogging Challenge: Day 5 - My Proudest Moment[s]


I apologize for the late update, but I will continue this challenge, even if it is for the most part late... It doesn't have to be always on time...

My proudest moment in life in general...

The day I hit my one-year mark from cutting on August 31, 2016 was the first time I went an entire year without it. It was an amazing feeling having that freedom from a chain I designed for myself. I had never thought that I'd make it to this point, this was the chain. Not the self-harming itself... So having accomplished that was amazing, it set me free from the low expectations of my own mental ability. But the truly proudest moment in my life wasn't simply that... 

But picking back up my recovery after relapsing 7 months later.... Although, I was ashamed I didn't give up on my recovery.... So truly? I am proud of the up and even the downs of my recovery. The fight never being over is what defines who I am. I am a recovery warrior and proud of that.

The proudest moment in my writing...

When I completed the first poetry compilation on April 19, 2018. I felt like I accomplished something great. Having written poetry about the story of my recovery, and how I believe that my faith and persevering will end in light and joy.

Christianity was a big part of my recovery and gave me a reason to press on in a world that hated me. But the most important part of the compilation to me was how each and every colour in it is expressed with a beautiful meaning.

Soon I hope to illustrate for it as I have with the cover. But being able to complete the first draft not only was the proudest moment in my writing but it was also the inspiration to make it the most beautiful artistic book that people will look at as an expression of hope, joy and love. I want to edit and revise it and then publish it with my art to unveil it to a broken and dark world.... That will be my proudest moment once I complete that...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Land of Ansaris: Anthem Rise Academy Schools (Part Two)

S chool Locations The locations of each school/fortress are strategic positions. Moreover their positions are based on the trinity and fel...