Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Post-Birthday Blogging Challenge: Day 3 - Favourite Quote(s) [and why...]


Christians misrepresent God so much that we don't know who He is anymore. For the same God who created the heavens and the earth is also the One who gave His life in the most humiliating and painful way possible. And the same God who showed compassion for the repentant sinner is also the one who turned over the tables of the unrepentant sinners. This is why I love this quote. It paints the beauty of a righteous God and also the merciful God... He is not tamed. But He is good.
As Picasso once said; "Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness." And as a Christian I've always known God was the Creator of Creativity. He is the ultimate up-cycler. And He's remade me more times than I give Him credit for., regrettably. This expressed the reason I love my God. For;  l'amour de dieu est folie (the love of God is folly). His ways aren't my ways. His ways aren't man's ways. And I'm glad for that.
In 2014, I listened to Brian Hardin's dailyaudiobible. And was going through a very difficult in my life. Each day of doing so, I'd get the message that I needed that today, almost every day. And this quote was no exception. I typed it down to remember and it stuck with me ever since. It has helped me through my recovery and that is the reason I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Land of Ansaris: Anthem Rise Academy Schools (Part Two)

S chool Locations The locations of each school/fortress are strategic positions. Moreover their positions are based on the trinity and fel...