Monday, July 23, 2018

Post-Birthday Blogging Challenge: Day 1 - Your [Main] Blog's Name

So for my post-birthday, I am taking up a 30-day blogging challenge here as a way for y'all to get to know the authoress/cosplayer behind the screen!


spartanbugsaint

Well, I have spoken of the story/inside joke with some people before, but I go to a church called All Saints Church Spartanburg. And we were doing our annual meeting to plan for the New Years of 2014. Brian Hardin of dailyaudiobible had visited and preached as a guest pastor and then the service was over and we did our meeting to plan for 2014.... The meeting had a slideshow up there and there was a huge typo. Spartanbug instead Spartanburg. And it stuck with me sooo I used it as my blog url and many of my usernames online.

The Peculiar Tales of a Ragamuffin Warrior Princess


1) The Peculiar Tales of...

pe·cu·liar
pəˈkyo͞olyər/
adjective
strange or odd; unusual.

I penned this idea as a teenager when I started sharing my writings on homeschoolblogger.com. And when I was trying to find alternate ways to express my zany quirks without resorting to the word "insane". I really loved being different and "weird" just didn't sound unique enough to describe my stories and life. So, I  settled on peculiar.

tale
tāl/
noun
plural noun: tales
a fictitious or true narrative or story, especially one that is imaginatively recounted.

I also wanted to make tales the focal point. Whether it was my fictional scriptings or my life experiences, or things I watched/read/etc. The blog kicked off and doubled as a way to log my life and hobbies but also a place to share my poems or stories and media reviews. 

2) Ragamuffin

rag·a·muf·fin
ˈraɡəˌməfən/
noun
 1) a ragged, disreputable person; tatterdemalion. 2) a child in ragged, ill-fitting, dirty clothes.


So, in the past four to five years, I have based my faith on the book, The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning's assessment of what faith in Christ truly means. What's very common in churches these days is that either somehow God owes us the good things he has given us or that we must somehow earn grace.

Of course, neither of these are true for as said in the book “My deepest awareness of myself is that I am deeply loved by Jesus Christ and I have done nothing to earn it or deserve it.” and “Through no merit of ours, but by His mercy, we have been restored to a right relationship with God through the life, death, and resurrection of His beloved Son. This is the Good News, the gospel of grace.” 


3) Warrior

war·ri·or
ˈwôrēər/
noun
(especially in former times) a brave or experienced soldier or fighter.

Through therapy and faith, I have always been a warrior. Claiming that as a part of my nature has helped guide me in my recovery from many a thing. And so, of course in this double-meaninged term, I claimed this identity with pride.

4) Princess

prin·cess
ˈprinsəs,ˈprinˌses
noun
  • the daughter of a monarch.
  • a close female relative of a monarch, especially a son's daughter.
  • the wife or widow of a prince.

This speaks for itself. God is the King of the universe and I am His daughter. But also part of the Body/Bride of Christ. And Christ is the Prince of Peace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Land of Ansaris: Anthem Rise Academy Schools (Part Two)

S chool Locations The locations of each school/fortress are strategic positions. Moreover their positions are based on the trinity and fel...